The Health & Safety Representative course incorporates theoretical, practical and reflexive learning. It ensures that the learner is exposed to the true requirements and function of the Health & Safety Representatives in the working environment. The Health & Safety Representative appointment is a legal requirement under Section 17 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and is compulsory for every organisation.
- Provide appointed Health & Safety Representatives with an overview of the OHS Act
- Knowing what the act says about the duties and responsibilities of employers and their employees and what it requires of them
- Provide Health & Safety Representatives with an understanding of their role as such
- Health & Safety Representatives to know what their duties and responsibilities are and how they should carry them out
Communication at ABET Level 3 & Mathematical at ABET Level 3
Language of Delivery
Course is facilitated by a competent subject matter trainer, who utilises a combination of the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Play; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVD’s; Games, Slide Shows & Written Questions.
Training & Evaluation
Training on a 50% theoretical and 50% practical basis. Practical scenarios (including Health & Safety Audit).
Who should attend?
- Anyone who will be serving as Safety Representatives in the company
- Any Current Safety Representatives for Retraining (every two Years)
- Management/Supervisors interested being part of the Health & Safety Team
- Comprehensive Manual
- Lunch & Refreshments (not applicable to on-site training)
- SAIOSH Accredited (2 CPD credits/points)
- Electronic Certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- Electronic Delegate Feedback Questionnaire
- Certificate: Recognised by the Department of Labour & SAIOSH Accredited
- Note: Certificate is valid for a period of 2 years from date of issue