As AIDS affects different parts of society, everyone should be aware of HIV and AIDS. This course will help delegates to protect themselves from new infections by providing them information about the disease and how it is transmitted. It will also help them to reduce the stigma and discrimination among the people who are living with AIDS.
- The effect on the person, behaviour and transmission
- Legal implications
Communication at ABET Level 2 & Mathematical at ABET Level 2
Language of Delivery
Course is facilitated by a competent subject matter trainer, who utilises a combination of the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Discussion; Role Play; Exercises & Case Studies; Videos/DVD’s; Games, Slide Shows & Written Questions.
Training & Evaluation
- Training on a 50% theoretical and 50% practical basis (HWSETA requirement: 30% theoretical and 70% practical)
- Constant evaluation
- Summative Test achieving 75%
Who should attend?
All staff members
- Comprehensive Manual
- Lunch & Refreshments (not applicable to on-site training)
- SAIOSH Accredited (2 CPD credits/points)
- Electronic Certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- Electronic Delegate Feedback Questionnaire
- Certificate – Recognised by the Department of Labour
- Note: Certificate is valid for a period of 2 years from date of issue