In this course, students will make use of the Power Pivot add-in to consolidate data from various Excel sources and create a dynamic report. Learn to become familiar with the Power Pivot application and Power Queries.
- How to think like a database and understand Table Relationships
- Activating the Power Pivot Add-in
- Load data from other relational data sources, flat tables, text files, etc.
- Create and naming Excel Tables
- Adding and removing Tables from the internal data model
- Create calculated columns and KPI’s in Power Pivot
- Starting the Power Query and viewing the advanced Query Editor
- Importing Excel Workbooks, CSV, Text files, XML files and other data systems
- Using Power Query to transform data
- Adding conditional logic to custom columns
- Using the Append and Merge Feature
Students must have successfully completed the MS Excel Intermediate and Advanced courses.
Computers to be equipped with MS Office Professional or Office 365.
Language of Delivery
Course is facilitated by a competent & experienced subject matter trainer, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Questions; Discussion; Exercises & Assessments.
Who should attend?
This course is for advanced users of MS Excel who are looking for ways to enhance their skills in data analysis, pivoting & reporting areas.
- Comprehensive Manual
- Lunch & Refreshments (not applicable to on-site training)
- Electronic Certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- Electronic Trainer Feedback Report
- Electronic Delegate Feedback Questionnaire