In this course, students will make use of the Power Pivot add-in to consolidate data from various Excel sources and create a dynamic report. Learn to become familiar with the Power Pivot application and Power Queries.
- How to think like a database and understand Table Relationships
- Activating the Power Pivot Add-in
- Load data from other relational data sources, flat tables, text files, etc.
- Create and naming Excel Tables
- Adding and removing Tables from the internal data model
- Create calculated columns and KPI’s in Power Pivot
- Starting the Power Query and viewing the advanced Query Editor
- Importing Excel Workbooks, CSV, Text files, XML files and other data systems
- Using Power Query to transform data
- Adding conditional logic to custom columns
- Using the Append and Merge Feature
Students must have successfully completed the MS Excel Intermediate and Advanced courses.
Language of Delivery
Course is facilitated by a competent & experienced subject matter trainer, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Questions; Discussion; Exercises & Assessments.
Who should attend?
This course is for advanced users of MS Excel who are looking for ways to enhance their skills in data analysis, pivoting & reporting areas.
- Comprehensive Manual
- Lunch & Refreshments (not applicable to on-site training)
- Electronic Certificate (on successful completion of the course)
- Electronic Trainer Feedback Report
- Electronic Delegate Feedback Questionnaire